Saturday, April 25, 2009

Our Sweet Little Addie!


This is our sweet little niece Addie, poor little Addie needs your prayers, last Monday she was at the arena with her dad and brother, her horse spooked and she fell off and hit her head, she wasn't breathing her dad did CPR on her and got her breathing before the ambulance got there, but because she wasn't responding they called for life flight the took her by helicopter up to primary children's. Addie has a crack in her skull luckily it there was no swelling or bleeding on her brain. She is taking a really long time to wake up but they are hopeful that there is no serious brain injuries, she is wearing a big neck brace because they are uncertain that her neck has no injuries, because she has been asleep so long she will likely have to relearn how to walk and talk. Our hearts are broken for her and her family we just keep praying for them. Today Addie is showing progress Amanda bought her a Dora movie and when she told Addie what she had gotten she reached out for it so that is HUGE, the most progress she has shown, they also ask her to find mommy and she looks right at Amanda so today is the best day she has had so far. We love Addie and her family so much and are hoping for the best! She needs lots of prayers so please pray for our dear little Addie!

7 comments:

FJ Johnson said...

That breaks my heart. I will definitely pray for Addie.

billykrisbayhowd said...

That is so scary, that makes me more nervous when my kids are on the horse's, I always was nervous but after this accident holy cow i will be a basket case from now on. Our hearts and prayers are with them.

Adrie said...

That breaks my heart. So scarey, she is such a doll, I hope everything is ok.

Anonymous said...

We will keep her and her family in our prayers. I hope she recovers soon.

The Davis Family said...

I never thought I would comment..I don't know if you even know me but I work with Melinda (I am your little brother Kaseys age) First of all your baby is adorable!!
This story breaks my heart. She will definitely be in my prayers. 5 Years ago--I was in a coma and had to relearn to walk, talk, and eat. Doctors told my family I may not make it and if I do, I would be a vegetable.
Today you cant even tell I was in a wreck at all besides a few scares on my arm. Since then, I have heard numerous miraculous stories of such head injuries. Hang in there--things can turn out better than imagined. She and her family will be in our prayers.

Joy said...

I'll definitely be praying for Addie and her family.

Cody and Tracie Bradford said...

Maclee,

Thanks for the cute comment on our blog and you can stalk us anytime!

Your baby is so stinking cute! I just got mad at Cody and said how come you didn't tell me that Jade and Maclee had their baby, but he didn't know either. We are so happy for you guys! Enjoy every minute because they grow up so fast:(

I feel so sorry for your little niece and her parents. I am sitting here crying because this brings back so many memories from Brit's accident. The hardest thing they probably ever did was to watch her fly away on LifeFlight. We will keep her in our prayers because we know that is what got Brit and our family through his whole ordeal.

Do they have insurance or do you know if they need any help financially?

Take Care
Tracie Bradford